A bite is considered to be healthy when all or most of the teeth are present and not destroyed by normal daily use. It is destructive when teeth show wear, looseness, or when TMJ (jaw joint) damage is seen.
Bite therapy helps restore a bite that has been damaged. This therapy may include:
- Reshaping biting surfaces of teeth
- Eliminating spots of excessive pressures where teeth come together
- Bite splint therapy using a custom-fitted plastic guard
- Replacement of old, worn out, or damaged fillings
- Reconstruction of damaged teeth