Dr. Carmosino was born and raised in Erie, PA. He practiced as a general dentist in Erie for two years, prior to moving to Chicago to complete his specialty training in Periodontology with an emphasis on dental implantology. Dr. Carmosino moved to Madison in 2016 after practicing in the Northshore area of Chicago, and has been a Periodontist In the Madison community since that time. Professionally, Dr. Carmosino strives to provide thorough, comprehensive care in collaboration with a patient's medical and dental team. He enjoys helping patients understand their periodontal condition. This understanding includes a thorough explanation of the diagnosis and all treatment options from basic disease control to ideal comprehensive care. Treatment recommendations are rooted in the best available evidence as well as what Dr. Carmosino would recommend to a friend or family member.
Dr. Carmosino has held several leadership roles throughout his dental training. He was Class President of his dental school class for four years, and also served as Chief Resident in his final year of his specialty training. During his residency, he collaborated on a paper that was published in the Journal of Periodontology. Dr. Carmosino was formerly a clinical faculty member at University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) College of Dentistry, where he actively engaged in training dental students. Since moving to Madison, he has given several presentations to local study dubs on topics including: dental implants, esthetic periodontal surgery, and treatment of periodontal disease. Dr. Carmosino and his wife, Seema, live in Madison. They have two young children and enjoy exploring all that Madison has to offer. Dr. Carmosino has played racquetball and water polo for many years, and is interested in cooking and honing his gardening skills.
- B.S., Gannon University (Erie, PA)
- D.D.S., SUNY at Buffalo School of Dental Medicine
- General Practice Residency, Brigham and Women's Hospital/Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- M.S. ln Oral Sciences, University of Illinois Chicago College of Dentistry
- Specialty Certificate in Periodontics, University of Illinois Chicago College of Dentistry
Memberships and Associations
- Diplomate (Board Certified), American Board of Periodontology
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Greater Dane Dental Society
- Midwest Society of Periodontics